**Please note that the information provided relates to the current academic year and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information.** Course summary
- Learn the practical skills you’ll need to develop computer games.
- Understand the latest developments in the industry.
- Learn how to apply the latest game development concepts and technologies.
- Study and develop games using a variety of different game platforms.
- group work
- lectures and seminars
- technical workshops in computer labs
- independent study
- practice-based learning and group work
- formative assessments
- walkthroughs and presentations
- access to our unique student support triangle to help with your personal, academic and career development
- access to our Skills Centre with one to ones and online resources, where you can get help with planning and structuring your assignments
- industry-specific employability activities such as live projects, learning in simulated environments and networking opportunities
Year 1 Compulsory modules Fundamentals Of Gameplay Programming 40 Fundamentals Of Mathematics And Computer Architectures 20 Game Design Theory 20 Programming 2D Games 40 Year 2 Compulsory modules 3D Game Development 40 Advanced Game Design Theory 20 Object Oriented Scripting 40 Python Programming 20 Year 3 Optional modules Placement Year Final year Compulsory modules Advanced Games Console Projects 40 Mobile Game Scripting 20 Project (Technical Computing) 40 Elective modules Artificial Intelligence In Games 20 Machine Learning Algorithms And Heuristics 20 Mobile Applications 20 Programming "Things" 20 Virtual And Augmented Reality Applications 20
Coursework Exams Practicals
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Please note the University will only admit students who are aged 18 or over at the point of enrolment.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all other skills, or equivalent.|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.
Sheffield Hallam University
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533