Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course Summary
- Learn the creative, practical and digital skills needed to become a professional product or service designer
- Put learning into practice with leading product design brands and the opportunity to take a placement year
- Collaborate with practising designers with a diverse range of experience and professional networks
- Challenge convention as you learn how to contribute to a more sustainable future
- Access to our Skills Centre with one-to-ones and online resources to help with planning and structuring your assignments
- Access to office and studio space, expert workshops, freelancing opportunities and a vast business network to tap into
- Industry-specific employability activities and careers support for up to five years after you graduate
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the modules table below for further information. Year 1 Compulsory modules
- Design Essentials: Skills, Techniques And Principles
- Design Interactions: Products, Services And Experiences
- Future Now: Collaboration In Action
- Professional Design Practice: Client Engagement
- Sustainable Design Practice: Responsible Design
- Placement Year
- Graduating Designer: Launching Your Career
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
If your application is successful you will receive an email inviting you to submit your portfolio by email and submission details by an online google form. The portfolio helps us understand whether we are able to offer you a place on the course you've applied for. Your UCAS statement and portfolio provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate your creative experience, potential ability and enthusiasm for the course you've applied for.
Please note that this information is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent.|
If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.