The world of business is full of opportunities. So where do you start? This practical course will help you find your calling in international business with modules ranging from consultancy to enterprise. Profits aren’t the only thing driving businesses. We believe you need to conduct business in a sustainable and ethical way to be an effective manager. Our values underpin everything we do here at Manchester Met. Business management includes everything you could want from a business degree, from expertise in our research areas of sustainability, strategy, and enterprise to events like our leadership series of guest lectures. This course give you the opportunity to study business management in combination with another language. Adding a modern language to your degree means you can develop as a more effective communicator, acquire linguistic skills and develop a wider cultural awareness. You can choose from French, Spanish, Modern Standard Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, and Japanese. After your second year you can choose to progress to your final year or take an optional year out going on placement or studying abroad. Both are great options to get more experience. We’ll help you arrange everything and give you all the support you’ll need.* This course has a foundation year available. *Placement and/or study abroad options may be available, potentially extending the duration of study up to 4 years. Study abroad will be subject to any international travel restrictions and/or availability. Features and Benefits
- Enhance your employability through internships and volunteering - our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme encourages you to learn career-ready skills beyond the focus of your course and potentially gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- We coach practical skills for work including communication skills, presentation skills, essay and report writing, summary skills, interview and questionnaire techniques, and building digital literacy skills for your future employment opportunities.
- Language expertise – The majority of our 30+ academic, research and support staff are native speakers of French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, and Japanese. We also have multiple connections with language groups across Manchester to ensure you can converse in your chosen language.
- Located in the University’s state of the art Grosvenor East building, you will have access to the Language Resource Centre, providing a range of language learning software and study spaces to practise and interact with languages students from across the programme. We also have a social space for language learners to set up informal language conversation clubs and exchanges.
- Experience the world – you will have the opportunity to spend your third year studying overseas or on placement.
- Research expertise – academic staff with research into Languages specialisms such as the Film, Languages and Media in Education (FLAME): a pioneering research group dedicated to the development of research and knowledge exchange activity in the areas of languages, film and media.
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Regular industry events – meet entrepreneurs and attend business events at our start-up hub Innospace, hear from industry leaders in guest lectures, take part in the Young Enterprise competition, and join the Business and Management Society.
- Business expertise – our researchers also teach on our courses, so you’ll have the latest insight from the people informing policy and consulting with organisations.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Students study one of the following languages alongside Business Management: French; Japanese; Mandarin Chinese; Modern Standard Arabic; Spanish. Students will confirm their modern language at enrolment. - French is available to beginners and to those with previous study of French up and including A level. - Japanese is available only to beginners with no previous experience of the language. - Mandarin Chinese is available to beginners. Students with previous study of Mandarin Chinese up to GCSE level may be considered. - Modern Standard Arabic is available only to beginners. Students with experience of Koranic Arabic can be considered. - Spanish is available to beginners and to those with previous study of French up and including A level. GCSE English Language at grade C or grade 4. Equivalent qualifications (eg. Functional Skills) may be considered
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course