University of Central Lancashire has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
- Accounting & Financial Studies Foundation Entry is accredited by a number of prestigious professional bodies. It’s one of your best pathways into the accounting profession.
- Foundation Entry degree courses are ideal if you’ve got the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to directly join an honours programme. It’s entirely unique, and a great stepping stone to degree study.
- You’ll gain a sound understanding of broad accounting and financial studies, so this course is ideal if you’re interested in a financial or related consultancy career within accountancy, industry or commerce.
- Accounting at the University is 1st in the UK for learning opportunities and 1st in the North West for teaching quality - National Student Survey (NSS) 2019.
- You’ll get the opportunity to further develop your employability by taking a 48-week paid placement, in accountancy, business and public sector environments.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Accounting and Financial Studies (Foundation Entry) is ranked 1st in the UK for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2021).
- The School offers a number of different options to gain an additional professional body qualification.
- Although this course is not linked with any particular professional accountancy institute, successful completion of this course may lead to exemption from some ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW papers, depending on options chosen and grades achieved.
Year 1: Managing Business Information (Year long), Skills for HE (Year long), Business in Context (Semester 1), Introduction to Enterprise (Semester 1). Choose two from: Accounting and Economics (Semester 2), Managing People and Organisations (Semester 2), Marketing and Retail (Semester 2) Year 2 Compulsory Modules: Business Economics, Fundamentals of Financial Accounting, Fundamentals of Management Accounting, The Business Environment, Business Law, Introduction to Personal & Professional Practice. Year 3 Compulsory Modules: Financial Accounting for Managers, Management Accounting Techniques, Professional Skills Development, Finance for Managers in Business, Professional Ethics, Introduction to Accounting Information Systems for Entrepreneurs & Enterprise, Learning and Development for Business and Management Education. Optional Sandwich Year. Year 4 Compulsory Modules: Financial Reporting for Managers, Decision Making for Business, Accounting Information Systems for Entrepreneurs & Enterprise. Year 4 Optional Modules: Financial Management for Business, Research Methods, Undergraduate Dissertation, Professional Ethics for the Manager, Fit 4 Work, Learning and Development for Business and Management Education.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Certified Accountants, Chartered Association of
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)|
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£5500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£5500||Year 1|