NMITE's BSc (Hons) Sustainable Built Environment programme is the first full degree from NMITE’s state-of-the-art Centre for Advanced Timber Technology (CATT). Our Foundation year, taken over the course of one full academic year, will see you develop the key transferable skills and subject-specific knowledge needed to continue into NMITE's BSc (Hons) Sustainable Built Environment, without the need to reapply. Housed in a purpose-built campus in the heart of Hereford's Enterprise zone, this future-driven campus showcases the most advanced and sustainable design and construction methods available. The programme has been designed to help educate a new generation of construction professionals and enable them to create a more sustainable future. The course has been designed using NMITE's distinctive approach to education; rich challenge-led learning, and extensive industry and community engagement. NMITE is committed to sustainable development; we know it's a topic of global importance, and one of interest to current and future generations - we know it's of importance to you.
- Embodying NMITE’s commitment to sustainable development, our BSc (Hons) Sustainable Built Environment degree will enable you to directly enter the work - place or pursue further postgraduate qualifications, including various MSc pathways.
- Sustainability is woven throughout the course as a central standpoint, included from Year 1 and in every year of study. In particular, the focus on biogenic materials in the built environment will be unparalleled.
- Challenge led learning - hands on with real world problems
- Practically learn to navigate and add value to contemporary building practice
- Gain extensive knowledge through consistent industrial and community engagement
- Receive support, whenever needed - 1:1 support through your allocated Personal Tutor, use of the Academic Skills and Knowhow Centre, and Student Services.
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- NMITE Blackfriars
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
NMITE accepts applications from international students who meet the entry requirements for their proposed programme of study. For any further information about the above please contact [email protected]
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at time of course commencement.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6.5||A minimum of 6.0 in each component|
Applicants are expected to have a minimum of grade 4 or above in GCSE English. Applicants whose first language is not English will be expected to provide evidence of English language ability. If you would like further advice, please contact [email protected]
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
Additional fee information
We know that undertaking higher education is expensive, and that is why we are committed to easing the financial burden for all our students through bursary support. Visit https://nmite.ac.uk/scholarships-and-bursaries
New Model Institute for Technology and Engineering