Biochemists study the way living organisms function at a molecular level, and bring about positive change in vital areas such as medicine, agriculture and the environment. Choose Biochemistry at Kent because:
- our Biochemistry degree is accredited by the Royal Society of Biology (RBS)
- you receive extensive practical training in our world-class laboratories, with opportunities to work on live research projects in your final year
- your lecturers are innovative teachers; two of our academic staff have been awarded National Teaching Fellowships
- as well as being excellent teachers your lecturers are also active researchers, so you are taught the most up-to-date science in a stimulating and supportive environment
- we have a dedicated careers and placements team to help you prepare for life after Kent and are ranked 5th for graduate prospects in The Complete University Guide 2021
- we collaborate with research groups in industry and academia and have excellent links with local employers, including the NHS, Lonza and Sekisui Diagnostics, Roche, Sanofi and Pfizer
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
Direct entry into Year 2 of this programme is considered on a case by case basis.
English language requirements
Applicants should have grade C or 4 in English Language GCSE or a suitable equivalent level qualification.
Please visit our website for further information:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course