Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information Course summary
- Explore fundamental life science, from atoms, molecules, cells and organ systems
- Study disease-screening methodologies and health interventions in populations
- Research novel cutting-edge treatments, biotherapeutics and cellular therapies
- Understand how basic science is translated into approved novel therapeutics
- Take an optional placement year to gain valuable experience in a real-world setting
- In person teaching in face-to-face seminars, tutorials and lectures
- Practical hands-on laboratory experiences using up to date, industry standard equipment
- Independent study
- Online support tutorials
- Small group academic advisor sessions
- Placements, which give the opportunity use what you have learned
- Capstone independent research projects to bring all your learning together
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the modules table below for further information. Year 1 Compulsory modules Demonstrating Professional Skills For Scientists Epidemiology And Public Health Fundamentals Of Life Sciences Human Reproduction And Development Introducing Professional Skills For Scientists Year 2 Compulsory modules Applying Professional Skills For Scientists Developing Professional Skills For Scientists Immunology And Microbiology Molecular And Cellular Biochemistry Physiology Of Health And Disease Year 3 Compulsory modules Placement Year For Biosciences And Chemistry Final year Compulsory modules Advanced Professional Skills For Scientists Advanced Therapeutics And Personalised Medicine Human Nutrition And Health Research Project Elective modules Advanced Genetics Applications Of Data Science Applied Biochemistry Neurobiology And Neurophysiology Pharmacology
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.