The Higher National Diploma (HND) Agriculture is the ideal follow on from the Higher National Certificate (HNC) Agriculture, in your chosen pathway (General Agriculture, Livestock Production or Crop Production). The aim of the Higher National Diploma in Agriculture (Crop Production) is to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed for a successful career in agriculture through a combination of academic study, practical classes, work experience and study visits. What will I study?
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Research Project
- Plant and Crop Health (Diseases, Pests and Weeds)
- Plant Breeding and Genetics
- Diversification and Alternate Enterprises
- Management of Land-based Machinery and Technology
- Work Experience.
- Additional facilities include Science Centre, IT suites, dedicated University Centre, study spaces and social areas, and modern Learning Resources Centre.
- Online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) used to enhance and facilitate teaching and independent learning on all programmes.
- Experienced, supportive and motivated staff with both academic and industrial experience.
- Our experienced Life Coaches are on hand to help you through your University journey from mentoring and coaching to health, wellbeing and resilience. Learn more about how our Life Coaches can support you: https://www.bishopburton.ac.uk/university-centre/life-skills-team-at-ucbb
- Talks from a range of visiting speakers.
- Opportunities to attend trips to enhance learning.
- Students have access to a range of support through our study skills, and health and wellbeing teams. Further information can be found on our website: https://www.bishopburton.ac.uk/student-life/student-support
- Relevant extra-curricular activity and/or work experience is encouraged of all students in order to enhance learning.
Advanced Financial Accounting, Research Project, Plant and Crop Health (Diseases, Pests and Weeds), Plant Breeding and Genetics, Diversification and Alternate Enterprises, Management of Land-based Machinery and Technology and Work Experience.
Assessment methods include case studies, presentations, real life management problems, problem-based scenarios and reflective assignments. Opportunities for feedback on assessments are available prior to the final submission to support student development and achievement. Staff aim to return assessed work within a 15 working day timeframe (not including holidays) in order that students can most benefit from the feedback.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Bishop Burton
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
University Centre Bishop Burton and Riseholme College welcome applicants from overseas. You will need to be issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to apply for your student visa to the UK. You will need to pay your course fees in full prior to a CAS being sent to you. In order for us to process this and for us to comply with our duties as a Sponsor we are required to check other aspects of your application, for example your financial status. For more details please visit www.bishopburton.ac.uk/student-life/international-students
Applicants should have a relevant Level 4
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
If first language is not English, or a Tier 4 student visa to study is required and GCSE grade C/4 English or equivalent is not held, English language proficiency level such as International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.0 overall (with a minimum 5.5 in each skill) will need evidencing.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|