University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Studied in combination, Film Studies and Media & Culture enable you to explore the history and impact of arguably the defining creative and communications media of our times. Both subject areas provide you with opportunities to benefit from your lecturers' cutting edge research in aspects of film, media and culture - from the cultural meaning of zombie cinema, to development of the British crime film, to 'green' computer games and popular music. Both subject areas also provide you with opportunities for work placements and volunteering. If you are interested in cinema as part of our contemporary culture of communication, and in the ways that media communication at once reflect and shape today's world, then Film Studies and Media & Culture in combination may be an ideal programme of study for you. Key features
- All Film Studies modules are assessed by coursework, not formal examinations
- Small-class sizes, one-to-one tutorials and robust communication between students and staff
- Research-led teaching by committed and enthusiastic academics
- Innovative, contemporary and important topics including 'Green Media', 'War', 'Democracy and the Media' and 'Gender'
- Strong emphasis on employability and graduate progression throughout the course
- Opportunities to study abroad in the United States, Canada and across Europe
- Tailor your course to your individual needs with a joint honours degree
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page