University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
If you’re looking for a course that’ll give you an edge in business, a great employability profile and current industry-specific business knowledge – our Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) accredited degree is for you. We’ve designed you a course - in consultation with industry and professional bodies – so you can gain all the core academic and practical skills you’ll need to adapt and succeed in the globally changing business landscape. Why Choose University of Cumbria You’ll get a firm grasp of the fundamentals of business with a sound knowledge of applied financial theories, concepts and resources. But you won’t just learn theoretically about business - you’ll be doing it. With our innovative teaching you’ll find yourself leading a lecture, or turning the classroom into a mock accountant’s office, giving you every opportunity to build your boardroom and business confidence and bolster your business practice.
- 9/10 of our business graduates are employed or in further study (DLHE 2017)
- Accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Use the latest technology and packages needed for the real business world
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work to present to a future employer
- Our strong links with regional businesses and with partnerships nationally and internationally boosts your placement and employment prospects
- Opportunity to work with real businesses on project-based assignments
- Great tutor support and we get to know you because our class sizes are small
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors are involved in international research, keeping your learning right up to date
- Tailor-make your own courses to fit your future career path
- We’ll push you to your academic limit, so you graduate being the best you can be
Year one - Compulsory modules: Managing People and Organisations, The Business Environment, Introduction to Business Finance, Fundamentals of Business, Principles of Marketing, Management Accounting. Year two - Compulsory modules: An Introduction to UK Law for Business, Management Accounting for Decision Making, The Financial Regulatory Environment, Introduction to Audit and Assurance. Optional modules (subject to availability and demand): Responsibility, Ethics & Sustainability in Practice, Corporate Law, An Introduction to Taxation, Managing Operations, International Economics. Year three - Compulsory modules: Corporate Financial Reporting, Corporate Financial Management, Management Accounting for Managing Performance, Business Valuation and Financial Risk, Audit and Assurance in Practice. Optional modules (subject to availability and demand): Advanced Taxation, Negotiated Project.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Certified Accountants, Chartered Association of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|