The BA (Hons) Acting programme is a leading actor training based in the heart of Manchester. Led by a team of specialist and highly experienced directors, teachers and practitioners, the BA (Hons) Acting course at Manchester School of Theatre has an outstanding reputation for training actors with the skills necessary for a successful career in film, television, radio and stage. We are looking for your imagination, empathy, curiosity, passion and wonder. We are looking for expressive people who are energetic, dynamic and driven to tell stories. We will nurture your ability, teach you your craft and encourage you on the path to creative excellence. We encourage anyone with a passion for and commitment to acting to apply and we are dedicated to making our training as widely accessible as possible You will work with a wide range of practitioners and a wealth of inspiring teachers and professional practitioners. You will train in all aspects of the craft including acting for stage, screen and radio. Based in the Manchester School of Theatre, we have recently moved into our new building, specially built for us on Oxford Road. Our inspirational training venue includes:
- A 180 seat fully equipped studio theatre, with dressing rooms and green room
- Large movement and performance studios with sprung floors
- 8 additional rehearsal studios
- TV and radio studios
- Tutorial rooms
- Computer labs
- World class training in the heart of Manchester.
- A brand-new inspirational training hub including state of the art theatre, studios and rehearsal rooms.
- Recent students have won many prestigious awards including the Alan Bates Award, The Carleton Hobbs Bursary Award and the Laurence Olivier Bursary.
- Selected students will get to participate in a number of events and collaborations including the Sam Wannamaker Award, RSC Weekend and potentially projects with the Hallé, RNCM, MIF and other international partners.
- A nationally and internationally acclaimed course which has links with the region’s key employers including BBC, MIF, Royal Exchange Theatre, HOME, RNCM, Hallé Orchestra and The Lowry.
- Strong links with The Manchester Writing School.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass Online audition required. The course is highly competitive and you may be called back to a second or even third audition. Please note the University does not accept deferred applications or advanced entry applications for this course.
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69