The MBA (Marketing) is a flagship qualification designed to meet the needs and aspirations of early career individuals through the combination of a general management education with the specialist area of Marketing. It is designed for individuals who want to develop both their management skills and new areas of business interest and those seeking fast track career progression opportunities. This postgraduate degree aims to enhance your professional prospects by developing your capability to apply the latest thinking relating to organisational development and change in the competitive global context. Successful completion of the MBA (Marketing) highlights your potential to have a real impact on the transformation of the organisation you join. Our courses are designed to be engaging, attractive and flexible in the current global marketplace. There are six entry points through the year. This allows you to start when it is most suitable. Your course takes place over three semesters. Depending upon when you join the course, this will determine the order of units which you will study. You will benefit by beginning your studies with others who started at one of the earlier points of entry.
• Advancing Professional Practice (BSS070-6) Compulsory • Corporate Innovation And Entrepreneurship (BSS057-6) Compulsory • Digital Marketing And Communication (MAR046-6) Compulsory • Leading And Managing Organisational Resources (BSS064-6) Compulsory • Management Practice (BSS063-6) Compulsory • Strategy And The Global Competitive Environment (BSS058-6) Compulsory • Theory Into Practice Project (BSS056-6) Compulsory Every effort is made to ensure this information is accurate at the point of publication on the UCAS website. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website.
The underpinning philosophy of all assessments is to develop both your knowledge and skills to enter employment as a confident manager with a strong base from which to meet your own aspirations. This requires consideration of your own personal capabilities as well as looking outward at the business world. The aim is for you to become an independent and self-directed lifelong learner. Apart from the formal assessments there will be an emphasis on self, peer and group assessment. Tutors will provide feedback on formative assessments to support your development of good academic practice. All assessments are rooted in authentic and practical workplace scenarios to enable the integration of theory and practice in dynamic `real world work contexts. Exams are kept to a minimum. To facilitate learning for all students a range of assessment methods are used throughout the course, including:
- Business Reports to demonstrate contextual insight and professional practice;
- Project Plans to demonstrate project planning skills;
- Seminar Papers to develop critical analysis skills;
- In-class tests of your knowledge of core concepts in context;
- Project Report integrates learning throughout the course independently applied in practice;
- Business simulation where you demonstrate the impact of your strategic decision making. The focus is on the impact of management education to management practice and later assessments require greater complexity and integration through independent study to support your successful transition into work.
Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent. We also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications and individuals with appropriate work experience. For international students English competence of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent is required.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
For information on postgraduate funding, please visit: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/postgraduatestudy/postgraduate-fees-and-funding
University of Bedfordshire
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0300 3300 073