Overview If you have decided to focus on coaching, we will help you develop a keen understanding of your own coaching approaches and philosophy, along with the industry and cultural factors that influence the wider context of sport. You will gain a vast practical application of the theoretical underpinnings of coaching with access to a range of hands-on coaching environments. You will become confident with delivering in a range of sports related facilities including the University Arena, Fitness Suite and Motion Performance Centre. Alongside your degree, you will have the chance to work towards coaching and industry qualifications. You will have opportunities to access a range of Coach Education courses and National Governing Body coaching awards during the Academic Year. Whilst being able to build your coaching experiences through coaching placements and employment opportunities within the University and the wider sporting community. Key features
- Excellent facilities including our University Arena, S&C Suite, 3G Astro-Turf along with Performance Analysis suites; which you will access within your modules (lectures and practical sessions)
- Lecturers are trained and current coaching practitioners within the field of Sports Coaching, who are still actively engaged within a range of sporting environments; in a variety of practical roles from grassroots to international level. The staff are willing to share tips and insights into the industry to help you make developments in your own coaching journey
- Guest lecturers from community partners including; Worcester County Cricket Club, Severn Stars Super League Netball Club and the Worcester Wolves Basketball Club
- Regular opportunities to coach in a vast range of sports which will challenge and develop your understanding of your coaching practice. You will have the opportunity to coach peers, school groups and external clubs and organisations
- 20th for student experience and 23rd for teaching quality in the 2022 Sunday Times Good University Guide
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 3 in the UK for Quality Education in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.