This course focuses on the technical aspects of network design, network installation and configuration, systems administration, maintenance and management, as well as how they can be applied in modern technologies. Computer networks have become part of our everyday lives - they form the backbone of modern information systems. As networks expand, there is a growing need for individuals who understand their practical benefits, as well as how to implement and manage them. By studying this course, you'll develop the required skills to implement computer network infrastructures in all sectors of the community. Emphasis is placed on the development of strong technical skills in combination with the management of networks, implemented through design, and managing the needs of clients and businesses. Why choose this course?
- Learn the highly sought-after skills needed to design, implement, install, configure, maintain and manage the latest state-of-the-art networks
- Study core computing and information systems
- Develop your ability to manage the needs of a wide range of clients and businesses, both large and small
- Gain advanced knowledge on a course that is focused on employment and establishing a rewarding career
- Explore the subject using a carefully structured mix of theory and practice
- Challenge yourself in our dedicated test network laboratory using the latest industry-standard programmes
- Benefit from a course that prepares you for a number of professional certification programmes
Areas of study include:
- Databases and Computer Networks
- Mathematics and Concepts for Computational Thinking
- Principles of Information Security
- Principles of Programming and Data Structures
- Information Security Management and Emerging Technologies
- Switching and Routing
- Network Programming
- Wireless Communications and Networking
- Advanced Networking
- Agile Project Management
- Undergraduate Project in Computer Networking
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- British Computer Society
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course