Become a games programmer in one of the most exciting and rapidly evolving industries! Our BSc (Hons) / MSci Computer Games Technology is a course that focuses on the technical expertise required to develop computer games. The core modules deep-dive into 2D and 3D graphics rendering, physics, artificial intelligence and human-computer interaction required for the development of high-end computer games platforms. The course will also involve working in small and large multi-disciplinary (creative and technical) teams for the development of computer games. While studying your computer games degree, you will use our state-of-the-art computer games technology lab, which is kitted with high-performance PCs with dual monitors and cutting edge GPUs, Sony PlayStation and XBOX development kits, as well as a variety of industry standard software. Our collaborations with Microsoft and Sony, coupled with our state-of-the-art technology will help you develop the skills you need to be successful in the games industry and beyond. This course aims to develop critical, current, analytical and agile graduates, who:
- produce computer games in a legal and ethical manner;
- have a diverse understanding of the key issues that exist in games development;
- combine the critical faculties that derive from a traditional academic degree with the professional skills and flexibility needed to get the best jobs in the games development industry;
- can manage their own personal development and lifelong learning;
- are equipped to be familiar with a variety of contemporary industry tools and agile enough to respond to new technologies and consumer trends.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Millennium Point Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no less than 5.5 in any level|
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|