Our Foundation Year courses offer an introduction to your chosen subject and are an ideal route to degree level qualifications, helping you develop the necessary skills for further study. Digital technology pervades our society and yet there is a significant skills shortage in the IT industry. The digital arena isn't just about improving efficiency. It improves business prospects, can shape the development of a company and can influence the way people operate. Innovations in technology have improved operations in companies and governments of all sizes and through IT, small businesses can quickly become successful on a global scale. Facilities Located on our Mile Lane campus, you will have access to our Library & Learning Services (LLS), fully equipped seminar rooms and impressive IT suites. Plus, you can take advantage of reading rights in Coventry University’s Lanchester Library, make use of sport centre facilities and receive full membership to Coventry University Students’ Union (CUSU). Staff This course has been developed and is taught by practising professionals and industry experts. Our academics bring a wealth of expertise to the classroom with many continuing to undertake research and other projects alongside teaching, meaning our students gain a well-rounded and relevant teaching experience. Practical Experience Throughout your studies, you will find that the course is underpinned with practical elements. Key course benefits;
- If you pass this Foundation Year, you will automatically qualify for enrolment onto our Digital Technologies Degree degree, subject to meeting specific entry criteria.
- You will receive support with applying for short and long-term placements, to gain the experience employers desire, with our in-house Careers & Employability department.
- You will have the opportunity for multi-campus learning in Coventry, London and Scarborough.
- We keep our fees low to make higher education more accessible to everyone.
- Small tutorial group sessions ensure that you receive the mentoring help and support you need.
- We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you can dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
Your main study themes are:
- Academic Skills: You will improve and refine key academic skills needed for progression into higher education and industry application. These skills include research methods, communication skills, referencing skills, presentation skills and more.
- Self-management Skills: You will have an understanding of management skills and appropriate approaches. You will also learn motivational skills, decision making, problem solving and more.
- Communications: Exploring communicating with teams and the important role this plays in the IT industry. You will also look at different forms of communications from presentations to written communications to share information effectively.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- CU Coventry
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Applicants who do not have Level 3 (A-level or equivalent) qualifications, can be considered on an individual basis provided that you have 5 GCSEs at grade 4 / C or above including English and Mathematics plus two years relevant work experience. Your application will be considered on an individual basis and the application is reviewed as a whole, which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and Personal statement that outlines your motivation to study the course.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7950||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£7950||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£7950||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UK Admissions Office
024 7765 2222
European and International Admissions Office
+44 024 7765 2152