You care about the health and well-being of others. You love sport’s ability to transform lives and want to share your passion. Here you can discover a like-minded community of sports enthusiasts. On our sport coaching and physical education top-up course, the knowledge and skills you'll develop will boost your qualifications to degree level with the support of our expert lecturers, allowing you to confidently step into your ideal future career. What’s more, our sport courses are ranked 1st in the North West for continuation and 2nd in the North West for career prospects (Guardian University Guide 2023 Results). Course Overview You’ll examine the theory of physical education, sport and coaching science across education, leisure and community sectors. A learn-and-do ethos will see classes complemented by practical sessions, while experience in schools and community groups will provide real-world application. You’ll benefit from the support and first-hand knowledge of professionals. Alongside this, you'll have access to numerous facilities, including our sports hall, functional fitness training room, human performance laboratories and specialist IT rooms. Fast track your job hunt with our industry links. You’ll have numerous career options upon graduation including sport coaching, teaching, sport development, elite performance analysis and personal training. On this course you will
- Gain academic and vocational key skills through both classroom and community engagement projects linked to specific modules.
- Be taught in small class sizes which means you get to know your class and tutors well, allowing you to feel supported during your studies.
- Have access to an extensive range of partner organisations in sport including Active Cumbria, Active Lancashire and Golf England facilitating learning opportunities, guest speakers and placements.
- Follow the successes of our graduates who have pursued careers in PE teaching, sport development, event management, high-performance coaching and community coaching roles.
- Benefit from our partnership with local leisure centre, Salt Ayre, giving you access to even more high-quality sports facilities.
- Independent Investigative Project
- Current Issues in Sport Development and Physical Education
- Club and Coach Development
- Performance Analysis in Sport
- Managing Community Events
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
Foundation Degree or Higher National Diploma in relevant subject.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding