Birmingham City University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Want a career as an Architectural Technologist? Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT), our BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology degree course is where the science of construction meets the art of design. The course focuses not only on the creation of the built environment, but also the structuring of space in and around it. Our Architectural technology course with a Professional Placement Year gives you the option to complete one-year of work experience in the industry after your second year of study, so that you graduate with both knowledge and experience in your chosen field. What's covered in the course? Much of your learning activity will be hands-on, with access to our strong industry links. You’ll also be provided with the latest CAD software, meaning you’ll be well equipped to make an impact in an important industry. The course will develop your ability to appreciate and analyse existing design as well as create new ones, while keeping buildability, technology, procurement, contractual relations and the people involved in the process in mind. You will also explore the social, regulatory, technical, sustainable and aesthetic context of the UK and global development industry. Our outstanding industry links mean you’ll be able to work on live projects, using the very latest technology and techniques. You will learn how to construct designs using CAD in a three-dimensional format. You’ll also be kept up to date with the latest skills, such as Building Information Modelling (BIM) and will be actively involved in the creation of a BIM model for a prestigious UK building. Why choose us?
- Accredited course - This course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and Technology (IET) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
- Employable graduates - Our graduates have progressed into roles with leading companies such as Jaguar Land Rover, Ford Motor Company and Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd.
- State-of-the-art facilities - You will be based at our Millennium Point campus in City Centre, where our facilities have undergone a £6.5 million investment with a new maker area, engineering labs/equipment and IT equipment to provide you with the very best learning experience.
- Formula Student events at Silverstone - We are one of the select UK universities with access to take part in our international Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) Formula Student event at Silverstone.
- Develop transferable skills - You’ll be provided with an education stressing engineering fundamentals in the context of real-world systems and products, to develop your practical and professional skills.
- Conceive Design Implement Operate (CDIO) Initiative – Work in groups and undertake project-based challenges to enhance your employability opportunities and skill set.
- Problem-based learning - Gain an understanding of the commercial, legal, ethical and environmental factors associated with automotive engineering.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Millennium Point Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no less than 5.5 in any level|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|