Environmental science is at the forefront of tackling global challenges, from the conservation of species and combatting climate change, to developing renewable technologies and creating a sustainable future. Our Environmental Science degree offers a thorough understanding of fundamental physics, chemistry and biology of the Earth’s environmental systems across a range of scales and will equip you with the knowledge and tools required to identify and solve the key environmental issues facing humankind. Our wide range of expertise allows us to offer interdisciplinary insights into real-world environmental problems. You’ll be trained in field and laboratory skills, including data collection and analysis. You'll be taught by practicing experts and will get the opportunity to engage in frontier science through an independent research project during your final year. Our graduates are well placed to enter employment or postgraduate education, with deep knowledge and valuable transferable and environmental skills. Why study at Leeds:
- This course is accredited by the Institution of Environmental Sciences.
- Our globally-renowned research that tackles complex global challenges such as climate change, energy security and natural hazard management feeds directly into your course and shapes what you learn at Leeds with the latest thinking.
- Experience expert teaching delivered by a programme team made up of leading specialists with extensive industry experience from across the breadth of environmental science areas.
- Put theory into practice by undertaking fieldwork activities, where you’ll advance your research skills and gain hands-on experience highly valued by employers in industry.
- Access specialist facilities, including lecture theatres, seminar rooms and computer clusters fully equipped with the latest technology to support your learning.
- Enhance your career prospects and give your CV that competitive edge before you graduate with our exciting study abroad programmes and work placement opportunities.
- Join one of our societies, such as SusSoc, where you can meet like-minded people at events such as socials and sports.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Environmental Sciences, Institute of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
Satisfactory completion of Year 1 of a relevant degree course
We accept a range of international equivalent qualifications. For information contact the School of Earth and Environment Undergraduate Admissions Team.
IELTS 6.0 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any component. For other English qualifications, please access this page: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/projectleeds/info/123100/admissions/143/entry_requirements International students who do not meet the English language requirements for the programme may be able to study an English for Academic Purposes pre-sessional course with a progression route to the degree programme. For information and entry requirements, please access this page: https://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/130567/language_centre/615/undergraduate_pre-sessional_english
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course