This BA Geography course will cover the comprehensive understanding of the complex reciprocal relationships between human societies and the physical components of the Earth.
- The aim of this course is to provide you with experiential learning and field work to develop an applied knowledge and critical understanding of human environments and society. You will understand the evolution and significance of the distinctiveness of places, and the inter-relationships between people and the environment.
- You will have opportunity to learn about how diverse communities interact with pressing socio-economic, geo-political and environmental concerns, such as climate change, poverty, social exclusion, population growth and sustainable living in a competitive global economy.
- The course is designed to equip you with core knowledge, skills and expertise within the broad field of geography, together with a range of analytical abilities and transferrable professional skills to secure employment on successful graduation.
- The BA Geography course has fieldwork embedded at every level, including at least one mandatory residential fieldtrip to enhance their applied geographical skills.
- Every student will experience international mobility at least once in their programmes, through a mandatory international fieldtrip. Students are required to contribute to the costs of the mandatory international fieldtrip, the precise amount of which will vary year to year and be dependent on location and the availability of University subsidies.
- There is a strong career/employability focus throughout our Geography degree courses, which is manifested in the four-year sandwich degree, where the third year offers the option of a year in industry or study abroad, based on our long experience of organising placements with a wide range of professional contacts.
- Every student will acquire basic capabilities in Geographical Information Systems (GIS), a key skill sought by many employers. All students, receive a certificate of GIS training on successful completion of an appropriate exercise. This certificate is intended to improve the employability skills of students, as GIS is one of the top 15 skills gaps in the professional environmental sector.
- Students will also utilise the Simulation Centre, which enables geographical and environmental phenomena to be visualised in a safe setting that allows students to grasp issues and implications. This unique aspect of studying geography at Coventry facilitates an experience of fieldwork, research methods and hazard simulation, all within a monitored and recorded environment that allows students to develop skills, receive immediate feedback on their development and prepare for the transition into the workplace after graduation.
We are making some exciting changes to our courses, and we want to get it just right so we can make your learning experience the best it can be. Please keep checking our website to see the great opportunities coming your way and learn more about what you’ll study.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Royal Geographical Society
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate / BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma / BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Thursday 18 August 08:00-20:00, Friday 19 August 08:00-18:00, Saturday 20 August 10:00-16:00, Sunday 21 August 10:00-16:00, Monday 22 August onwards (weekdays only) 08:00-18:30
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UK Admissions Office
024 7765 2222
European and International Admissions Office
+44 024 7765 2152