Preparing you for cutting edge work and an exciting career in a growing field of advanced data analytics and artificial intelligence. Why study BSc (Hons) Data Science & Artificial Intelligence at BU?
- Develop the versatility and personal qualities to select, use and combine a variety of machine learning tools, technologies and methods to meet the dynamic data analytical demands in a global context
- Build and improve your applied technical skills to implement, apply and optimise machine learning algorithms such as deep learning and neural networks, as well as developing real-world industry-inspired data applications for any organisation
- Engage in a series of practical industry-focused tasks and co-participate in a range of research projects, not only with BU staff but experts from other institutions and industries in the UK and beyond
- Study and practice in our state-of-art speciality labs with enterprise grade hardware and fully virtualisation ready enterprise level infrastructure
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one, entering and industry with huge predicted growth in the next decade
- You'll be qualified to work as a Data Science professional in all sectors where data analytics plays a critical role
First year core units include: Computer Fundamentals | Mathematics for Computing | Programming | Data Management | Introduction to Business Analytics
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
AccessBU: AccessBU provides you with the opportunity to tell us about your circumstances that are not always evident in your UCAS application. This widening access initiative also considers relevant criteria such as being in care or if you live in an area with a low participation rate in Higher Education - if you are eligible, your offer could be up to 16 UCAS tariff points below the published tariff. Apprenticeships: We recognise the transferable knowledge and skills gained through apprenticeships and welcome applications from students with a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship recognised by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Deferred entry: We are happy to consider eligible applicants for deferred entry. If you have already submitted your application, please submit your deferral request through our website. Direct entry: We welcome applications from students who have previously studied at degree level at other institutions and wish to transfer onto a BU course. Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) procedure enables credit awarded from one institution to contribute to a BU award, subject to an application process. Please visit our RPL webpage for more information. Mature applicants: We recognise that mature applicants may have a wealth of experience rather than formal qualifications, so we’ll consider your application on these merits if included in your application. You’ll need to apply to BU in the usual way through UCAS and you may be invited to an interview to discuss your suitability for the course based on the experience you tell us about in your application.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information