Learn about all the latest developments in conservation science on this accredited course, taught in a biodiverse hotspot on the Dorset coast. Why study MSc Biodiversity Conservation at BU?
- Study in a location perfectly suited to learn about biodiversity conservation
- Develop your knowledge of ecology, geography, social science, psychology and technology in this political and socio-economically important subject area
- Enjoy access to a vast amount of research from our academics, including; tropical and temperate ecosystems, grassland, forest, freshwater, coastal and marine environments
- Learn about the latest developments in conservation science and practice, hone your ability to communicate effectively, and be mentored in identifying flora and fauna
- Benefit from our wide network of professional contacts to find a six-week placement In the UK or abroad to suit your individual career aspirations
- Profit from our expert academics who are actively researching biodiversity conservation worldwide and bring their expertise to every session.
Core units: Conservation in Practice; Field Ecology Skills; Frontiers in Biodiversity; Quantitative & Spatial Analysis; Research Project. Option units (choose two): Advanced Quantitative & Spatial Methods; Biodiversity & Ecosystem Services; Conservation Genetics; International Law of the Environment; Behavioural Ecology and Conservation.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Ecology and Environmental Management, Chartered Institute of
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2, or equivalent, in a required subject, or equivalent. Required subjects are: Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Earth & Geographical Sciences, Conservation Biology and Ecology & Wildlife Conservation. If English is not your first language, you'll need IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9000||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact detailsMake an enquiry
Future Students Enquiry Team
+44 (0)1202 966777
From Tuesday 4 July: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30. Thursday 17 August: Lines are open 07:00-20:00. Friday 18 August: Lines are open 08:00-18:00. Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 August: Lines are open 10:00-15:00. From Monday 21 August: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30.