This approach results in thoughtful and sustainable digital media design, research, production, and professional practice practitioners. The Digital Media BA course focuses on creative production in the field of media using digital tools in 3D modelling, code as a creative medium, immersive technologies, and audio and video production among others. The course focuses on laying a flexible foundation of skills which will prepare you for a changing digital and technological landscape. On successful graduation, you can seek out roles in digital marketing and advertising, IoT development, UI/UX design and testing, app development and, increasingly, in augmented reality/virtual reality development. The course digs deep into software and hardware, eliciting the computer's untapped creative potential. The BA Digital Media offers a space for students to experiment with a range of digital technologies, practices, processes, and theories.
- Our responsive, creative curriculum allows students to address the rapid developments concerning the impact of new, emerging and future media technologies and broader changes to the media and networked communications landscape.
- Our project-led approach supports students in becoming adept with a range of critical and creative media equipment and interactive technologies to inform their practice and understanding.
- Students will benefit from a course that sees critical digital theory, immersive skills development, and professional practice as mutually exclusive, along with a university-wide commitment to collaborative learning and supporting sustainable global citizenship development.
- Our course explores a mix of creative and technical skills and knowledge development through a range of modules that will take students through the entire software development workflow from concept to user testing.
- On our course our students are issued with a media technology pack – currently a MacBook – pre-loaded with a suite of industry-standard software including Adobe Creative Suite (terms and conditions apply). You will also have free access to a wide range of high standard, professional media equipment via our Media Loan Service, with technicians who can support you and give advice and instructions for ease of use.
- Past staff and students have a strong track record of collaborative applied projects with organisations including Genesys, Uber, Google, The United Nations (Mission 1.5) Jaguar Land Rover, Coventry Telegraph, Rolls-Royce, BBC Big Screens, The Gallery of Living History and BT.
- In the past students have had the opportunity to attend talks from expert guest speakers such as Andy Serkis (Lord of the Rings, Planet of the Apes, Venom: Let there be Carnage), Luke Richards, CEO & Creative Director, Black Cat Entertainment and Simon Wright, Director of Genesys Creators, Genesys (subject to availability).
- On this course, you’ll be taught by staff with expertise in immersive technologies and 360 video, music and digital composition and sound recording, user interface design, digital marketing, and digital culture.
We are making some exciting changes to our courses, and we want to get it just right so we can make your learning experience the best it can be. Please keep checking our website to see the great opportunities coming your way and learn more about what you’ll study.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate/BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma/BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course