University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
Do you have a passion for supporting others in their learning? Are you keen to inspire others but not sure if teaching is the right path? Well, our course is for you. If you already have a relevant teaching and learning foundation degree, DipHE or HND, you can complete just one year of studying for this top-up degree to achieve a full degree-level qualification in teaching and learning. We have designed our programme so you can study aspects of teaching and learning, from pre-school to higher education, without committing to becoming a teacher and keeping your career options open. We give you the flexibility to carve your top-up degree based on your interests and career plan. We offer a good grounding to prepare you for a range of education settings or further study. Why choose the University of Cumbria?
- All the theory you learn in lecutres and seminars will be backed up practically in your work-based experience to boost your confidence and bolster your CV
- Our strong partnership with educational providers can help you secure placements and enhance your job prospects
- Study in small class groups, so we get to know you well
- Support throughout you studies from a personal tutor
- Flexible nature of the course means you can carve your own course to suit your career path
- Use your existing voluntary work or employment as a work placement
- Work-based placements enhance your academic knowledge
- Use of our educational facilities
- Boost your professional and employability skills throughout your studies
- All tutors have a wealth of experience in teaching
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||Not accepted|
Foundation Degree or Higher National Diploma in relevant subject
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|