Education is one of the most universal and powerful forces in society, from inspiring future leaders to shaping how we view the world around us, there are few subjects more significant in understanding what makes humanity tick. Looking to develop your existing expertise? If you’ve completed a Foundation Degree or similar in Education, Childhood Studies or Teaching and Learning Support – why not top up your qualification with an Education Studies programme? Course Overview During this one-year course, a practical placement will provide you with hands-on experience. You can take this placement with an institution or organisation you already know, or a new one with which we can support the sourcing of for you. If you are already in work, you could use your employment as your placement if it is in an appropriate setting, such as a school. Our industry-experienced tutors will support you and provide a solid academic grounding to complement your practical work experience. You’ll study the subjects associated with education, teaching and learning, gaining a national and international perspective of education. You’ll cover elements such as social justice, policy and current issues in education. On this course you will...
- Have flexibility of study, allowing you to engage with topics and material that interest you.
- Undertake non-assessed placements, which enable you to put theory into practice.
- Be taught in small teaching groups, facilitating supportive relationships with peer and tutors alike.
- Follow a named pathway; either SEND or early years.
- Benefit from a programme team made up of experts from a wide variety of educational backgrounds.
- Professional Studies and Work-Based Contexts 3
- Inclusive Practice
- Developing a Specialism
- Current Issues in Education and International Perspectives
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- Special Study
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Foundation Degree or Higher National Diploma in relevant subject
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|