It is a one year, full-time course which is taken as part of your four-year degree. You will still be treated as a full-time undergraduate student which means you will still be entitled to student finance support, will have the same entitlement to accommodation and have access to our wide range of student support. Why study a Foundation Year at UWTSD Lampeter?
- The Integrated Foundation Year offered by the Faculty of Humanities has been designed to help you develop the skills and subject-specific knowledge needed to undertake a degree course and specialise in a specific area.
- Offers you an alternative route into studying with us even if your grades weren’t suitable or if you don’t meet the entry requirements of your chosen course.
- Suitable also for those returning to education after some time away.
- With a range of generic study skills mixed with subject-specific modules, you can progress on to degree with confidence.
- We take an immersive approach to learning offering a diverse range of teaching approaches, including lectures, seminars, tutorials and workshop sessions.
- You will attend small-group classes with a focus on discussion and learning activities to encourage the self-development and critical reflection accepted as key to the development of personal and professional capacities.
You will study 120 credits during the year which will be taught in a block style reflecting the learning and teaching model delivered at Level 4. Upon successful completion of the programme, you will move onto a BA (Hons) programme. The 120 credits will be made up of 60 credits of generic skills to help you succeed in your studies. The other 60 credits will be made up of subject-specific modules which will introduce you to the subjects and help you build your knowledge base. The modules offered will focus on introducing you to University life and providing you with academic survival skills, such as academic writing skills, understanding literature, and research skills.
One of the standout features of studying with the Faculty of Humanities in Lampeter is the excellent tutor contact you will have. Teaching is in small groups and seminar groups are also small allowing you to develop your confidence and skills in a supportive environment. Assessment methods used during the Foundation Year are wide and varied so that you experience them before progressing to Level 4 study, again helping you to build your confidence and skills base.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Lampeter Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9000||Year 1|