This programme is the ideal follow on from the HNC Art & Design (3D Design). It will help you to develop professional skills utilised within the creative industries enabling exploration of ideas across a range of scenarios, gaining an understanding of professional practice, use space, materials, furniture and fittings, visualisation techniques and the utilisation of CAD in the production of visual communication material. This programme will allow you to expand your interior design skills and allow you to enter the work place or progress on to a BA top up programme. What will I study?
- Professional Practice
- Applied Practice – Collaborative Project (Pearson set)
- Technical Drawing
- Advanced Interior Design Studies
- Material Selection & Specification
- 3D Modelling & Rendering
- Additional facilities include Science Centre, IT suites, dedicated University Centre, study spaces and social areas, and modern Learning Resources Centre.
- Online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) used to enhance and facilitate teaching and independent learning on all programmes.
- Experienced, supportive and motivated staff with both academic and industrial experience.
- Our experienced Life Coaches are on hand to help you through your University journey from mentoring and coaching to health, wellbeing and resilience. Learn more about how our Life Coaches can support you: https://www.bishopburton.ac.uk/university-centre/life-skills-team-at-ucbb
- Talks from a range of visiting speakers.
- Opportunities to attend trips to enhance learning.
- Students have access to a range of support through our study skills, and health and wellbeing teams. Further information can be found on our website: https://www.bishopburton.ac.uk/student-life/student-support
- Relevant extra-curricular activity and/or work experience is encouraged of all students in order to enhance learning.
- Interior Designer
- Hotel Interiors
- Retail interior designer
- Exhibition designer
- Graphic design opportunities
- Freelance and entrepreneurial opportunities.
Professional Practice Applied Practice – Collaborative Project (Pearson set) Technical Drawing Advanced Interior Design Studies Material Selection & Specification 3D Modelling & Rendering
Students are assessed through a variety of methods including sketchbook development, research, case studies, essays, presentations and portfolios of work. Students also participate in critiques enabling them to explain their design thinking along with reasons and factors which shaped it, this useful formative assessment strategy informs the development of work in progress. Opportunities for feedback on assessments are available prior to the final submission to support student development and achievement. Staff aim to return assessed work within a 15 working day timeframe (not including holidays) in order that students can most benefit from their feedback.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Bishop Burton
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
University Centre Bishop Burton and Riseholme College welcome applicants from overseas. You will need to be issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to apply for your student visa to the UK. You will need to pay your course fees in full prior to a CAS being sent to you. In order for us to process this and for us to comply with our duties as a Sponsor we are required to check other aspects of your application, for example your financial status. For more details please visit www.bishopburton.ac.uk/student-life/international-students
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University Centre Bishop Burton
Course contact detailsVisit our course page