Sport business is a multi-billion-pound, competitive global industry, and it’s growing. The demand has never been higher for professionals with a grounding in strategy, commercial acumen and leadership skills. If you’re an ex-player or sports management professional, we’ll give you the business skills to reach your full potential. This course will suit you if you’re looking to progress your career or move to the sporting world from business. Building strategic skills Our course paves the way for future leaders of sport. Studying part-time over two years, you’ll develop the expertise to meet the demand of leading sporting organisations. You’ll cover topics such as leading for high performance, strategic operations, innovation and change, governance and best practice. Combining psychology and psychometrics, the MSD course will get to the heart of the science of performance. Our unique blend of experts, practitioners and industry insiders will help you harness the power of the mind to enable and enhance achievement in sport and business. We’ll also expose you to a range of sporting environments. You’ll share knowledge with peers from different backgrounds, and apply new knowledge in your own specialism. In your second year, you’ll apply your skills to a dissertation. We’ll challenge you to identify, research and strategically analyse a managerial or business issue within your organisation or in an area of your own interest. Features and Benefits
- A global city for sport – study in one of the UK’s greatest sporting cities, home to two top premier league clubs, an international cricket ground and a renowned velodrome.
- Triple accredited - our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Masterclass Series – this series brings experts in from the industry. Past speakers include Head of Communications at British Cycling, CEO Essex Cricket Club and the Development Director at the FA.
- Backed by science – we delve into the science of performance management to help you appreciate and improve business performance.
- Learn from the experts – the MSD teaching team have a wealth of experience in areas such as leadership, strategy, operations, team performance, innovation, change and governance.
- Endorsed by industry – the teaching on this course is endorsed by the England Rugby League, Premiership Rugby and Rugby Football League.
- Executive Coaching –we offer all our students the chance to work with an Executive Coach. Coaching is a valued approach to individual development and has become a well-established practice in business.
- Diverse community – from grass roots to high profile professionals, we welcome people from all aspects of sport. This course also suits business owners wanting to grow their company.
- A world of opportunities – we’ll help you prepare for director level roles in global organisations. Think premier league clubs, Olympics, FIFA and more.
- Enhancing your experience – as a member of the Manchester Graduate School of Sport, you are also part of Manchester Metropolitan University Institute of Sport. This Institute unites expertise from across the University, creating a home for sport education, research and partnerships at Manchester Met
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course