University of Exeter has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
- You will develop the ability to apply data analysis techniques to a range of substantive and policy related questions
- Choose to specialise within a policy subfield such as social and family policy, economic and public policy, environment, criminal justice and security
- Delivered by the highly successful Q-Step Centre for Applied Data Analysis. Teaching covers a range of data analytic techniques and practical software and programming skills
- Put your market-leading social data science skills into practice with optional work placements or industry-based research consultancy projects
- You’ll gain an understanding of complex political and cultural issues, often in continually changing environments which will be relevant to both business and public sector careers or PhD study
See our website for details of the modules available for this programme: www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/politics/appliedsocialdatasciencemsc/#course-content
See our module descriptions for details of assessment methods: www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/politics/appliedsocialdatasciencemsc/#course-content
Normally a 2:1 Honours degree in a related subject, eg. social sciences, psychology and economics, with demonstrable evidence of data analysis training/content. For full information, including English language requirements and international equivalencies, please visit our website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students. This is in addition to the UK Government’s Postgraduate Loan Scheme. For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit the postgraduate study pages of our website at www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/fees/fundingyourmasters