Take your interest in civil engineering and develop the expertise to help design, construct and maintain the world around us. Start on the path to becoming a chartered engineer. As part of this course, you’ll:
- Gain an understanding of the scientific and mathematical principles and methodologies that underpin Civil Engineering
- Build your understanding of structures, hydraulics, geotechnical engineering, management, health, safety and welfare, surveying, materials science and sustainable development
- Look at using materials in new ways, the principles of experimental design, and the engineering behind roads, bridges and other major structures
- Know what's needed to investigate and evaluate different engineering situations
- Fully satisfying the educational base for an Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
- Partially satisfying the educational base for a Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- A programme of accredited further learning will be required to complete the educational base for CEng. Visit the JBM website for further information and details of further learning programmes for CEng.
- Fantastic placements and sandwich year opportunities
- Industry standard specialist facilities and local/regional site visits
- Opportunity to network with industry professionals
- Industry experienced expert teaching team
- Guest lectures delivered by industry professionals
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Surveying A & Computer Aided Design
- Engineering Mechanics
- Applied Mechanics
- Advanced Mathematics
- Civil Engineering Management A
- Engineering Materials Science
- Engineering Materials Chemistry
- Civil Engineering Management B
- Fluid Mechanics 1
- Introduction to Structural Design
- Structural Analysis Techniques
- Geotechnical Engineering: Application & Theory
- Engineering Mathematics
- Geotechnical Engineering: Design & Theory
- Infrastructure Engineering
- Independent Project
- Structural Engineering Techniques
- Numerical Management Techniques
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|