We have been ranked Top 25 in the UK for Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Guardian League Table 2021). Our Electronic Engineering course, with a Professional Placement Year gives you the option to complete one-year of work experience in industry after your second year of study, so that you graduate with both knowledge and experience in your chosen field. Do you want to work at the forefront of industry? Our BEng (Hons) / MEng Electronic Engineering course will teach you a broad range of skills, helping you to become a rounded electrical engineer. Throughout your degree study, you’ll have access to our state-of-the-art technology and resources. What's covered in the course? The Electronic Engineering MEng will give you an understanding of the social, commercial, legal, ethical, economic and environmental factors associated with engineering, as well as comprehensive knowledge of the science and mathematics associated with the discipline. Develop the key transferable skills that modern employers require, such as problem solving, project planning, presentation and communication. Our competitions, such as the annual Engineering Show, which includes the international micro-mouse competition, gives you the opportunity to participate in a range of competitions centred on autonomous and non-autonomous robotic vehicles. Our courses focus on project-based activities, giving you lots of opportunity to work in teams on projects from design to implementation. This will give you practical experience of applying engineering science to real world problems, working in multidisciplinary teams to develop your interpersonal skills, and prepare you for a key aspect of modern engineering practice. Some of our former graduates have progressed into roles within companies such as UTC Aerospace and Vector GB. Why Choose Us?
- Accredited course - This course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- State-of-the-art facilities - You will be based at our Millennium Point campus in City Centre, where our facilities have undergone a £6.5 million investment with a new maker area, engineering labs/equipment and IT equipment to provide you with the very best learning experience. You will also use our industry-standard equipment and resources, including rapid prototyping, laser-cutting and CNC machining.
- Conceive Design Implement Operate (CDIO) Initiative – Work in groups and undertake project-based challenges to enhance your employability opportunities and skill set.
- Employable graduates - Our graduates have progressed into roles with companies such as UTC Aerospace and Vector GB.
- Events and Expos – We host events including Global Game Jam, TechFest, and InnovationFest enabling you to build and design your own creations, as well as gain vital organisational experience.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Millennium Point Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no less than 5.5 in any level|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course