As an accredited Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Centre, you gain key exemptions for professional qualifications with the CIM and also have the option to complete the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing in the six to nine months following the completion of your degree. As experienced practitioners our staff have spent time in industry prior to joining academia, in roles such as marketing executives, managers and directors of private and public sector organisations. They bring knowledge of all the latest marketing tools and techniques – like Google analytics and the online content creation tools currently proving popular in digital marketing. Many are recognised both nationally and internationally in their respective fields of specialism, publishing their research in the highest quality academic journals, including Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Business Research, Psychology and Marketing and Journal of Consumer Behaviour to name but a few. Combining theory and practice, this course benefits from a focus on practical marketing skills and enables you to fully explore the marketing discipline, choosing from a wide range of optional modules. You will develop cutting-edge skills in marketing and communications research, analysis and planning, working with others to develop advertising campaigns and honing your analytical skills using simulation games, such as the Cesim SIMBrand marketing management game designed to develop your understanding and command of the marketing planning process. To monitor emerging sector trends and challenges, there is a high degree of practitioner input. Guest speakers from industry are frequently invited to give talks about their experiences, which in recent years, has included speakers from McCann Erickson, ITV Studios, Millward Brown, Marstons and the Mixed Reality Studio among others. Key Course Benefits
- Chance to spend a year studying abroad – past students have studied in China and Belgium.
- Research-inspired teaching from staff who are active in the areas of branding and guest speakers such as Brandz Global Director and esteemed visiting professors.
- The CIM Graduate Gateway award offers direct entry to top-up to CIM’s Professional Diploma in Marketing (two module exemptions) immediately after your degree or in the three to five years following.
- Use of digital communications lab – the DigiComm Lab. This is equipped with industry-standard software, including Adobe Comp, Adobe Slate, Adobe Voice, Behance, WordPress and social media platforms.
- Opportunities to participate in industry field trips. Previous examples have included visits to Jaguar Land Rover and the Cadbury World exhibition tour (included a talk from the Marketing team at Cadbury’s), as well as professional exhibitions like the Digital Marketing Show.
Your main study themes are:
- Marketing: Exploring marketing research, consumer behaviour, digital marketing, contemporary marketing issues and marketing strategy.
- Advertising: Analysing current advertisements and creating your own campaigns.
- Business: Study core subjects, such as business organisation and accounting.
- Research: How to conduct both primary and secondary research and put your skills into practice by undertaking an independent and in-depth study of a marketing topic of your choice.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- European Foundation for Management Development
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate / BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma / BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Thursday 18 August 08:00-20:00, Friday 19 August 08:00-18:00, Saturday 20 August 10:00-16:00, Sunday 21 August 10:00-16:00, Monday 22 August onwards (weekdays only) 08:00-18:30
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UK Admissions Office
024 7765 2222
European and International Admissions Office
+44 024 7765 2152