The BA (Hons) Fashion Promotion course offers an exploratory and dynamic approach to studying promotion in the fashion industry. This distinctive course covers fashion promotion skills, visual and creative processes, underpinned with business content and cultural and contextual theory. The flexible design of this course will allow you to explore creative areas such as fashion photography and film, digital communication, fashion styling, social media, website design, journalism and brand communication. You will be expected to explore your field of study through research, investigation and independent practice. The business elements of the course will encourage you to engage with entrepreneurial processes and practical activity, allowing you to apply your knowledge and skills to live professional and industry briefs. You will have the opportunity to benefit from real-world learning experiences during study trips both in the UK and internationally. Previously, students have travelled to London, New York, Copenhagen and Shanghai as part of the course and have visited industry head offices, educational partners, studios, galleries and trade shows. We also offer a four-year sandwich route option that gives you the opportunity to spend your third year on an industry placement to enhance your employability. You will complete the course with a strong, industry-ready portfolio of work relevant to your career preferences. Graduates will be able to apply for positions in areas such as online marketing, public relations, brand management, styling, and events. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- The best of both – Develop technical and creative skills such as photography, styling and graphic design whilst gaining an understanding of business concepts including management, promotion and marketing.
- Collaborative spirit – Work with students from across the Fashion Institute on inter-disciplinary projects, honing essential creative skills needed for the growing creative economy
- Tailored to your interests – Benefit from exposure to a wide variety of promotional techniques and tailor your studies to your personal interests and career aspirations.
- Manchester and beyond – Our network spans the globe, and includes placements, collaborations and live briefs from partner universities, workshops and design studios in China, India, Japan, Norway, Australia, France and beyond
- First-hand experience – Present your work to industry at both internal and external events such as Graduate Fashion Week and our end-of-year showcases.
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass A portfolio is required for this course.
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building