Through research-inspired teaching you’ll cover a range of subjects including social, biological, developmental and cognitive psychology, and specialist topics, such as forensic, clinical, cyber, consumer, educational psychology, and neuropsychology. Why study BSc (Hons) Psychology (with Foundation Year option) at BU?
- Participate in practicals, interactive assessments, coursework, placements and research using state-of-the-art facilities.
- Learn through mentorship from staff as well as plenty of seminars by nationally and internationally renowned researchers and practitioners.
- Work with world-leading researchers on projects through the Research Apprenticeship Scheme - many of our students have published work with members of the Psychology Department.
- Benefit from our collaborations with the mental health sector, the criminal justice system, the educational system, industrial partners and local communities/charitable trusts.
- Develop transferable skills including critical thinking, project management, presentation skills and professional practice - 85% of our graduates are in employment or further education after 15 months (source DiscoverUni 2022).
- The diversity of the topics will prepare you for any career, whether in psychology (such as in mental health or forensic) or outside (such as HR, the police or management).
During the foundation year, you will study the following units: Applied Sciences; Academic Study Skills; Introduction to Biology; Introduction to Psychology; Mathematics in Science; and Foundation Year Project. As part of the degree, you will study a range of subject areas including Developmental & Clinical psychology, Biological & Cognitive Psychology as well as Experimental Methods & Statistical Analysis.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- British Psychological Society
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Whole course|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Whole course|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Whole course|
Additional fee information