As part of your course you’ll:
- Learn more about your current artistic interests as you draw from a range of disciplines as inspiration for your project work
- Develop your passion, whether that’s for creative text writing, dance, acting or directing
- Use project work to explore your particular area of interest
- Enhance your practical performance skills and confidence in your ability to create performance work through weekly technique classes and creative workshops
- Undertake a professional placement during your second year
- Showcase your third-year work in front of professional artists and producers at the Leeds School of Arts annual festival
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Performance Texts
- Writing & Directing Performance
- The Physical Practitioner
- Embodying Theatre & Performance Contexts
- Health & Wellbeing for Artistic Practice
- Project Lab
- Design in/for Performing Arts
- Cultural Perspectives
- Introduction to Creative Arts Infrastructure
- Thinking Bodies in Performance
- Making Work for Festival Contexts
- Arts & Social Engagement
- Lift Off 1: Process
- Lift Off 2: Showcase
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- City CampusC
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
Applicants who meet the academic entry requirements will be invited to attend a selection day where you will be interviewed individually and take part in a Group Performance Workshop. You are assessed for suitability to the course, on your background skills and knowledge, and on your ability to contribute constructively to a working ensemble. The selection days are scheduled for 15 November, 29 November, 6 December, 10 January, 31 January, 14 February and 28 February. Invitations are sent via UCAS and you should check your UCAS Track account for further details.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|