Passionate about education? Want to inspire across all ages, races and opportunities? You can apply your drive to inspire positive change through education on our Education Studies programme. This innovative course is built around current research and pressing social issues, allowing students to inquire into areas of the subject that truly fascinate them, in fact, the programme has achieved a 100% Student Satisfaction Rate according to the National Student Survey (NSS). Course overview Study education and learning from a national and global point of view, in vocational and non-vocational education and training and in lifelong learning. Experience a practical placement that provides you with hands-on experience. Be supported by industry-experienced tutors who provide you with a solid academic grounding to complement your practical experience. You’ll study subjects associated with education, teaching and learning, gaining a national and international perspective of education. Discover the world of social justice, policy and current affairs in the context of education. On this course you will...
- Complete work-based placements, enhancing your academic knowledge and boosting your employability.
- Develop a critical understanding of educational environments and approaches in relation to social justice, social policy and educational diversity.
- Benefit from an intimate learning environment, including a personal tutor and small class groups.
- Complete research enquiries on educational issues and in educational settings, developing analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Learn flexibly, studying the areas of education that are of interest to you.
- Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts
- Learning and Development
- Introduction to Safeguarding in Education
- Educational Environments
- An Introduction to the History and Sociology of Education
- Key Issues in Education Today
- Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts 2
- Psychology of Education
- Educational Policy and Context
- Global Childhoods
- Education, Faith and Philosophy
- Planning an Enquiry
- Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts 3
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Educational Leadership and Management
- Current Issues and International Perspectives
- Education and the Media
- Special Study
Year one - Compulsory Modules: Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts, Learning and Development, Introduction to Safeguarding in Education, Educational Environments, An Introduction to the History and Sociology of Education, Key Issues in Education Today. Year two - Compulsory Modules: Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts 2, Psychology of Education, Educational Policy and Context, Global Childhoods, Education, Faith and Philosophy, Planning an Enquiry. Year three - Compulsory Modules: Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts 3, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Educational Leadership and Management, Current Issues and International Perspectives, Education and the Media, Special Study.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- London - Tower Hamlets
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE English at C/4 or above
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|