Offering a challenging and intellectually stimulating learning experience, our MSc Accounting and Finance prepares you for ACCA professional level examinations alongside a highly respected masters qualification.
- Develop your financial techniques and knowledge to an impressive level through an exciting combination of technical and strategic learning
- Improve your employability with key skills in critical thinking, communication, team work, leadership and management
- Learn in an accredited ACCA and CIMA study centre, drawing on the expertise of professionally qualified staff who have both industry and academic experience
- Take the opportunity to go on a short to medium-term finance internship, so that you benefit from relevant work experience while studying for your masters
- Add substance to your CV; by completing this course, you can apply for exemptions from ICAEW and CPA Australia professional qualification
- This programme is also available to study full-time over 18 months, giving you a study break over the summer to add valuable work experience to your CV. Find out more information about our extended masters route here.
Modules may include: governance, risk and ethics; business analysis; corporate reporting; advanced financial management; advanced performance management; advanced taxation; advanced audit and assurance; financial market analysis; mergers and acquisitions; independent study.
The MSc Accounting and Finance uses a range of assessment methods including case study evaluation, time constrained assignments, reflective writing, research-based papers, presentations and group work. We have also introduced assessments that will enhance your digital literacy capabilities, such as reporting via video and presenting data using infographics.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Certified Accountants, Chartered Association of
For the MSc you will usually need: A good honours degree with an accounting background; If English is not your first language, you will also need IELTS 6.5 with 5.5 in each skills area. To take advantage of the dual learning offered by the MSc programme, you will need: A good honours degree in Accounting which provides exemptions from the first 9 ACCA papers or to have passed ACCA F1-F9. To be registered with ACCA - this will be your own responsibility.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8750*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Derby
Course contact detailsVisit our course page