Explore a diverse range of literary works from different cultures and historical periods as well as film and visual media texts through the study of English Literature and Film Studies. Throughout this programme you will develop as a reader, writer and critic and investigate various issues, such as representations of gender, race and sexuality, and the politics and economics of the global entertainment industry. With additional opportunities for creative and practical experience, you will be equipped for a career in the literary, film or media industries, or related fields such as education, publishing or business. Why choose this course?
- Become a skilled analyst of literature and film of all kinds, from poetry to graphic novels and from Hollywood to world cinemas
- Tailor your degree and explore both theory and practice based on your interests and careers aspirations
- Work Placement opportunities to gain key transferable skills to enhance your career prospects
- Discover diverse cultures through an International Year at a partner university across the globe
- Develop your critical thinking skills and become a creative writer, researcher and/or film and media practitioner
For a list of indicative modules please visit the course page on the Keele University website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course