Birkbeck's BSc International Business brings you up to date with the rapidly changing environments in which multinational enterprises operate and in which local businesses achieve international reach. Designed to meet the buoyant demand for more international business graduates, this degree provides you with a solid foundation for a career in a multinational company or in a company engaged in international business. You will deepen your knowledge of a broad range of management issues in key areas, including:
- international strategic management
- finance and operations management
- human resource management
- managerial economics.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers, as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- management consultant
- accounting or finance executive
- corporate investment banker
- human resource officer
- marketing executive
- logistics and distribution officer
- systems analyst.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Mid-term tests and end-of-term examinations, individual or group presentations, written essays and a research project/dissertation.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. We also accept other English language tests.
We welcome applicants without traditional entry qualifications as we base decisions on our own assessment of qualifications, knowledge and previous work experience. We may waive formal entry requirements based on judgement of academic potential.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birkbeck, University of London
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Birkbeck Student Advice Service
0203 907 0700