Do you have a passion to shape and change people’s lives? Are you interested in a career in education but not sure if you are ready to get in to teaching? Do you want to gain experience in a range of educational settings of your choice? Our two-year degree is a fast-track version of the traditional three-year degree, meaning you'll gain a full honours degree, but graduate a year earlier. It's a stepping stone to a variety of life-long and rewarding career options. COURSE OVERVIEW Explore the nature, scope and purpose of education across formal and informal systems, national and global settings, from early childhood studies to Higher Education. This course provides opportunities to ask the ‘big questions’ of learning and challenges perspectives, allowing you to grow into an education expert. Written and designed by an experienced tutor team, including staff who have researched and written widely across the education field, you’ll study a range of subjects associated with education and discover the world of social justice, policy and current affairs. There are opportunities to gain valuable placement experiences in a variety of educational settings through work-based learning. The flexibility of our placements enables you to gain experience in specialist areas that are of interest to you and start making a difference through education before you even graduate. ON THIS COURSE
- Develop the knowledge, understanding and skills drawn from a range of subjects such as sociology, psychology, philosophy and policy.
- Combine theoretical knowledge with practice by undertaking practical placements each year; enhancing your academic knowledge and boosting your employability.
- Be allocated two days of the week to carry out your placement which can be voluntary or paid, giving you the flexibility to work whilst you study.
- Benefit from an intimate learning environment, including a personal tutor and small class groups.
- Learn flexibly, studying areas of education that are of interest to you and complete research on educational issues and settings, developing analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Have the accessibility of studying in London, Carlisle, or Lancaster, campuses surrounded by rich opportunities for study, placement, and student life.
- Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts
- Learning and Development
- Introduction to Safeguarding in Education
- Educational Environments
- Introduction to the History and Sociology of Education
- Key Issues in Education Today
- Psychology of Education
- Global Childhoods
- Education, Faith and Philosophy
- Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts 2
- Educational Policy and Context
- Planning an Enquiry
- Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts 3
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Educational Leadership and Management
- Current Issues in Education and International Perspectives
- Education and the Media
- Special Study
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£11100||Year 1|