This highly respected MSc programme will enable you to develop the skills, knowledge and scientific understanding to pursue a career addressing local and global challenges to animal welfare. Our multi-disciplinary programme is delivered by an internationally renowned research-led team, specialising in applied animal behaviour. During this MSc you will:
- demonstrate a critical understanding of the principal theories, principles and concepts in animal behaviour and animal welfare
- plan and execute a significant project of research on applied animal behaviour or animal welfare by applying knowledge and a range of specialised techniques
- critically review, consolidate and synthesise knowledge to address contemporary issues in animal welfare.
- communicate about animal welfare and animal behaviour, using appropriate methods, to a range of audiences with different levels of knowledge/expertise
- exercise substantial autonomy and initiative in your own work and make informed judgements, on your own or collectively, on challenging animal welfare issues
See our website for detailed programme information.
Entry requirements for individual programmes vary, so please check the details for the specific programme you wish to apply for on our website. You will also need to meet the University’s language requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
The University of Edinburgh
Student Recruitment and Admissions
33 Buccleuch Place