With the aim of preparing you for a successful career in coach Education, coaching support, coaching management or teaching, this three-year degree programme combines practical coaching with theoretical underpinning or scientific edge in coaching, science and teaching. You reflect on and evaluate your own coaching behavior by putting theory into practice through applied studies, placements and assessments. Coaching practice constitutes a large proportion of this programme, providing you with the opportunity to gain feedback from experienced, professional coaches. You will also be required to conduct your own dissertation, allowing you to explore a particular area of personal interest in the coaching field. The course uses a range of learning strategies, including lectures, seminars, practical sessions, workshops, online activities and peer-group learning. You are also encouraged to become an independent, self-motivated learner. Assessments include exams, essays, projects, presentations and reports. Such diversity allows you to refine various academic and professional skills to prepare for your next steps. An academic tutor will work closely with you throughout the duration of your programme, supporting your development and tracking your academic progress to ensure that you maxmise your potential. Features/Benefits
- Off-site induction and teambuilding trips
- Students have the opportunity to apply to present their research at and attend the annual Student BASES Conference
- Gain practical experience through the Loughborough Sport Coach and Volunteer Academy, and coaching qualifications and workshops
- Gain full support to develop your own business idea via the Young Enterprise Start-Up Programme
- Hands-on coaching experience within core modules and coaching and teaching placements
- Students are eligible to compete for Loughborough University in BUCS competitions
- Study a course that provides you with the essential skills and experience to enhance your employability or prepare you for further study.
- Study in a supportive environment, with a range of services at your fingertips to help you reach your full potential.
- Loughborough College was awarded TEF Gold 2019.
- Be a full member of Loughborough Students Union- consistently voted No.1 for student experience.
Year 1 Modules: Fitness Training Physiology, Coaching Practice 1, Sport and Exercise Psychology, Research and Academic Skills for Coaches, Applied Coaching Theory, Biomechanics and Human Movement. Year 2 Modules: - Employability and Placement, Coaching Practice 2, Research Methods, Pedagogy in Sport and Physical Education, Acquiring Movement Skills. Optional Modules : Psychology of Sports Performabce and Strength and Conditioning. Year 3- Research Project , Advanced Coaching Practice, Coaching Principles, Ethics and Welfare, plus additional optional units. *Please note that these modules may be subject to change and are run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly.*
Assessments include exams, essays, projects, presentations and reports. Such diversity allows you to refine various academic and professional skills to prepare for your next steps
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
We welcome applications from mature students over the age of 21 and may be flexible in our normal offer if you show a commitment to succeed and have the relevant skills and experience of working within the industry.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£8500||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page