Our links with industry could allow you to engage directly with companies like the Ricoh Arena, Coventry Blaze, the British Council, Bosch and SeaPines resort in South Carolina. You’ll have the opportunity to organise and attend real-life events, experiencing each stage and progress from the bidding process, design and costing to logistics, marketing, implementation and feedback with the client. Our students have run overseas activities for the British Council and have worked on major music concerts at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC), National Indoor Arena (NIA) and the Ricoh Arena. They’ve supported the World Cup Rugby Sevens and the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Ltd. (LOCOG). Key Course Benefits
- Collaboration with the Students’ Union to promote and manage events on behalf of its many clubs and societies.
- Links with local, national and international event management companies, such as Eventsforce, Fargo and N200, providing opportunities for direct work experience, both paid and voluntary.
- Membership of the Association of Event Management Education (AEME), Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS), European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
- Access to a range of industry visits and fieldtrips, which has previously included visits to well-known event venues and talks from events professionals at the Echo Arena, Cavern Club and St. Georges Hall in Liverpool, and Aviva Stadium and Croke Park in Dublin.
- Experienced teaching staff, with mix of academic and industry experience, including staff who have worked as operations managers in conference venues and luxury hotels, sports marketing companies and managing sport venues, as well as a committee member of the Association of Event Management Education (AEME).
Your main study themes are:
- Live Event Management: You will undertake real project management and event management experiences, focusing on group work, planning and execution of an innovative, creative or cultural event, as well as closure and evaluation of the project. You will put your event management knowledge and skills into action, taking appropriate decisions when choosing a viable event to execute, selecting an appropriate venue and promoting the event.
- Event Business Management: We cover the core principles and practices of management, but in the context of organising events. You gain a solid understanding of strategy, human resource management (HRM), economics and finance, all critically important when managing professional events.
- Event Marketing: Covers the principles of event marketing and specifically the application of service sector marketing to the event industry. You will gain an appreciation of the importance of customer satisfaction as a key feature of the marketing process, as well as critical success factors for success, such as market segmentation, the marketing mix and promotional strategies.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Management Institute
- European Foundation for Management Development
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate / BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma / BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|