The foundation year of this Coventry University degree will be delivered from our CU Coventry campus. Course delivery from year 1 of the degree onwards will be from Coventry University campus. This course aims to provide you with a solid grounding for a career path across the world of economics. The foundation year seeks to provide the fundamental knowledge and skill set in a range of mathematical and business principles, as well as the theories and concepts involved in investment risk and professional ethics. Students who successfully complete their foundation year will then progress onto the Economics BSc (Hons) degree within Coventry University’s Business School. The degree part of the course covers current real-world issues and aims to help you understand how economics impacts individuals, businesses, financial organisations, governments and wider society. An emphasis is placed on equipping you with the knowledge and skills required to tackle contemporary challenges facing governments and businesses. Key benefits of the degree
- Tailor your studies as our wide range of economics and finance degrees share a common first year and aim to offer you opportunities to achieve a thorough grounding in economic and financial concepts and principles.
- Explore both microeconomics and macroeconomics with extensive exposure to how national economies, businesses and other organisations operate in a global context. Learn alternative schools of economic thoughts and contrast heterodox approaches with the orthodox mainstream of economic theory.
- Build industry insight, learn from experienced staff and hear from industry professionals who, in the past, have included speakers from HM Treasury, Lloyds Bank, Barclays and the European Commission. (Staff may be subject to change).
- Develop practical skills in our Bloomberg Trading Floor featuring 42 dual screen Bloomberg terminals (subject to availability).
- Access maths and statistics support via our sigma centre through drop-in sessions and bookable appointments with experienced tutors.
The foundation year teaches key modules in:
- Business Communication and Numeracy
- Finance and Capital Markets
- Business Economics
- Global Economics
This course will be assessed using a variety of methods which will vary depending upon the module. Assessment methods include: Formal examinations Phase tests Essays Group work Presentations Reports Projects Coursework Exams Individual Assignments The Coventry University Group assessment strategy ensures that our courses are fairly assessed and allows us to monitor student progression towards achieving the intended learning outcomes.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
We recognise a breadth of qualifications, speak to one of our advisers today to find out how we can help you.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland