The Integrated Foundation Year offers a new and exciting route into studying for a degree, attracting ambitious and driven students who are willing to learn and advance. If you have non-standard qualifications or do not quite meet the admissions requirements for Advertising & Digital Marketing we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to study a four year Advertising & Digital Marketing programme which includes a Integrated Foundation Year. The Integrated Foundation Year will help you develop the theoretical/practical and academic skills you need, in order to successfully progress to the full award. Featuring a reduced tuition fee in the first year, our four-year courses will enable you to successfully follow the degree pathway of your choice while gaining essential study skills. The foundation year of your chosen degree will be studied on a full-time basis and is aimed at supporting the transition to higher education. Years two, three and four are then studied as a standard degree programme. ✱All trips subject to national and local Covid-19 guidelines and restrictions. See our situation updates page for more on the University’s response to Covid-19: https://www.northampton.ac.uk/about-us/situation-updates/. By studying at the University of Northampton, you can be sure that:
- You will experience student life at the University’s £330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
- Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new laptop* to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you won’t have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
- Our expert academics teach in small groups supported with one to one assistance. Our academics and students form a tight bond, providing individualised support and guidance whilst challenging students academically.
- We invest more money into your education than 90% of Universities in the UK**
- Whatever your ambitions, we’re here to help you to achieve them. We’ll support you to identify the skills you’re learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you’ll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
- In fact, we’re so confident in our careers and employability support that if you achieve at least a 2:2 degree and complete either our Employability Plus Gold programme or achieve a Changemaker Gold Certificate during your time studying with us, but still haven’t secured full-time employment 12 months after graduating, we will secure a three – six month paid internship for you or support you into postgraduate study.
INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR: Stage One A • Transition to University – Learning to Learn (Compulsory) • Investigating Your Subject (Compulsory) • Foundations in Business, Marketing and Management (Compulsory) • Negotiated Learning Project (Compulsory) Stage One B • Foundations of Marketing (Compulsory) • Introduction to Marketing Communications (Compulsory) • Foundations of Advertising Media (Compulsory) • Digital Marketing Essentials (Compulsory) • Understanding Consumers (Compulsory) • Professional Skills for Marketing Practice (Compulsory) Stage Two • Managing the Communications Process (Compulsory) • Integrated Marketing Communications (Compulsory) • e-marketing (Compulsory) • Professional Practice for the Creative Industries (Compulsory) • Marketing Research and Insight (Compulsory) • Public Relations Management and Practice (Designated) • Brand Management (Designated) • Learning Through Work (WBL) (Designated) Stage Three • Marketing Dissertation (Designated) • Research Project (Designated) • Advertising Consultancy Project (Designated) • Issues in Advertising Practice (Compulsory) • Consumerism and Sustainability (Designated) • Business-to-Business (B2B) Marketing (Designated) • Content Creation for Marketing (Designated) • Digital Entrepreneur (Designated). Module information is quoted for 22/21 entry. Please note that modules run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly. 23/24 entry modules will be updated in June 2023.
A variety of individual and group-based assessments are used including reports, presentations, posters, e-portfolios, projects, client briefs, multiple-choice tests and examinations.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
University of Northampton
The University of Northampton
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0300 303 2772