Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
OVERVIEW Every organisation across the planet, no matter what its size, sector or purpose, needs people with strong business skills. By the time you finish our course, you’ll be the kind of person they want – a business professional with a global mindset, confident about running teams, managing operations, developing strategies, aware of key sustainability challenges, and making the kind of decisions that come with leadership. We’ll teach you how to spot opportunities, adapt to change, assess impact on stakeholders, and understand when and how to take risks. You’ll gain a broad understanding of the business world, together with fundamental skills like team-working and problem-solving. Later, you’ll have the opportunity to specialise, looking into the areas that interest you most, such as marketing, finance, people, technology, start-up and consultancy. Choose a placement or study abroad – the course offers real flexibility as you will enrol on the three-year course and then decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies. You don’t have to decide now. If you opt to undertake a placement or study abroad your course will normally be four years full-time. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple crown – study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Location – study in the engine room of the Northern Powerhouse. Manchester has one of the fastest growing economies in Europe and is home to a range - of global businesses and innovative start-ups.
- Business expertise – learn from teachers who carry out cutting-edge research, inform policy and consult organisations. We’ve also set up Innospace, our base for new ventures, so you can find a mentor and make your business plans a reality.
- Regular industry events – attend guest lectures and networking events, take part in the Young Enterprise competition, or join the Business and Management Society for social events throughout the year.
- Employability – develop the skills employers are looking for. You’ll be ready for business roles in a range of industries. Employers know our graduates can hit the ground running.
- Path for entrepreneurship - engage with our entrepreneurship (IOEE) and sustainability (SEEG) centres - you can also join both as a student member.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
|UCAS Tariff||104 - 112 points|
|A level||BCC - BBC|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DMM|
|Access to HE Diploma||Pass Access to HE Diploma in a relevant subject with a minimum 106 UCAS Tariff points|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||D*D - D*D*|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||26 points|
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course