Wherever you are in your career, develop your professional focus and ability in emergency preparedness, resilience or response with this innovative masters degree.
- Develop the practical and theoretical knowledge you need to work in the fields of intelligence, security, emergency planning, crisis and disaster risk reduction and management in the UK and overseas
- Combine the knowledge and skills developed in an inter-disciplinary programme where social sciences, natural sciences and public and environmental health provide real-life solutions to real-life resilience issues
- Improve your skills as you engage with all aspects of emergency preparedness, resilience and response across a range of natural and man-made hazards, from terrorism and extreme weather events to public health and humanitarian crisis
- Wherever you are in your career, develop your professional focus and ability in emergency preparedness, resilience or response
- Combine theory and best practice as your learning includes practical multi-agency exercises, simulations and response structures across all emergency services.
The MSc Intelligence, Security and Disaster Management course is made up of three stages – Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and MSc.
For the MSc you will usually need: An undergraduate degree (2:2 or above) in a social science subject (criminology, sociology, psychology, international relations, policing, criminal justice), natural sciences (including but not exclusive to geography, earth sciences) or health (across a range of programmes to be discussed with programme leader), business studies or economics. We also welcome applicants who have substantial professional experience but do not have a degree, subject to personal statements, references and interviews with the programme leader.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8525*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Derby
Course contact detailsVisit our course page