City, University of London has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
"The BSc (Hons) International Business is delivered by Cass Business School. Part of City, University of London, Sir John Cass Business School is one of Europe’s leading business schools and is ranked amongst the top 20 business schools in Europe (1). Ranked 2nd in the UK for Business, Management and Marketing (2), the International Business BSc (Hons) pathway enables students to gain an understanding of the various elements of running a business and managing an organisation on an international scale. This degree should appeal particularly to you if you aim to work in multinational businesses or in other areas where contemporary issues affect the way business takes place globally. The degree will prepare you to consider the different impact of management concepts in different parts of the world and to apply these to practical examples. You will develop a broad understanding of business within an international context. As part of this degree you must spend some time at one of our overseas partners and use this experience to contribute to your understanding of management concepts. You can choose between the following two study abroad options:
- Spend the first term of your second year studying equivalent modules at a partner university abroad. This option allows you to complete your degree in three years. You also have the option to add a placement year to this option, thus making your degree four years in total. (You must meet a certain grade criterion during your first year to be able to take part in the replacement term abroad programme).
- Spend a sandwich year abroad at one of our partner universities abroad in between your second and final year of study. This option extends the degree to four years. You will be able to reflect on this international experience within your final-year project. You will discuss issues related to the global economy, and will be encouraged to consider the particular impact of management concepts in different parts of the world.
Year 1 Core modules:
- Introduction to management
- Business economics
- Critical Analysis for Business
- Quantitative methods and analytics
- Operations and supply chain management
- Finance and management accounting 1
- Management lab and business skills
- Technology and innovation management
- Introduction to entrepreneurship
- Introduction to finance
- Human resources management
- Business strategy analysis
- International business environment
- International marketing
- Your choice of 1 elective module
- Final-year project or corporate responsibility project
- Research methods and data analysis
- Business in society
- Specialist modules:
- International business strategy
Most modules are assessed by a combination of exams and coursework. The balance of assessment by coursework (assessed essays and assignments) unseen examinations and a final year project will to some extent depend on the optional modules you choose. The first year of your programme contributes 10% to your final degree classification, the second year 30% and the final year 60%. Year 1 55% written, 45% coursework Year 2 70% written, 30% coursework Year 3 53% written, 47% coursework.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course