This cutting-edge degree links political science, sociological, and anthropological perspectives to illuminate religion's role in domestic and global contexts, and explores how contemporary religious expressions shape and are shaped by cultural, social and political trends. This is a pioneering degree and is the first of its kind in the UK. Key benefits
- King's is home to a large, vibrant Department of Theology & Religious Studies, with special expertise in Islam, Judaism, Christianity and Buddhism and a variety of contemporary religious movements.
- The Department is ranked joint 3rd in the UK for the power of world-leading and internationally excellent research. It is also in the top 10 for Theology, Divinity & Religious Studies in the UK (QS World Rankings by subject 2018).
- Our teaching makes the most of London's rich religious culture, incorporating many places of worship and the collections of the British Museum.
- King's central location offers easy access to numerous libraries across London.
- Students develop key transferable skills which can lead to a variety of different careers.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Preferred subjects: None Required subjects: None
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|