King's College London, University of London has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
With a focus on technology and innovation, our Accounting & Finance BSc will prepare you for the finance challenges of the future. This course is designed for the finance professional of tomorrow. Technology is coming to the forefront of the industry and we will equip you with the skills you need to succeed in an ever-changing financial landscape. Key benefits
- King's College London are part of the 'Partners in Learning' programme with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
- Explore cutting edge developments in AI and analytics alongside core financial disciplines such as corporate finance, management accounting, taxation, and risk management.
- With London's square mile right on our doorstep, students will have access to a central hub of finance and commerce.
- Discover other areas to enhance your understanding of accounting and finance, such as business law, economics and organisation & society.
- Focus across both the theoretical principles of accounting and finance and more rigourous practical skills designed to give graduates a strong platform from which to access their chosen career.
- In the first year you’ll avoid the fatigue of eleven week modules with our unique, shorter eight week modules, topped and tailed with immersive one-week modules designed to help you consolidate and reflect on your learning across the entire term.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||Not accepted|
|A level||AAA||Including grade A in Mathematics. Please note that A-level General Studies, Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills and Global Perspectives are not accepted by King's as one of your A-levels. However, if offered the grade achieved may be taken into account when considering whether or not to accept a candidate who has just fallen short of the conditions of their offer.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||Please see our online prospectus for further details on our BTEC entry requirements.|
|Access to HE Diploma||D: 36 credits M: 9 credits P: 0 credits||Must include Level 3 Study of Mathematics.|
|Scottish Higher||AAB||Must be a combination of three Scottish Highers and two Scottish Advanced Highers. We do not count the Higher and Advanced Higher in the same subject.|
|Scottish Advanced Higher||AA||Including grade A in Advanced Higher Mathematics.|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||35 points||Including 6,6,6 at Higher Level including HL6 in Mathematics. Note the total point score of 35 includes TOK/EE. Note: IB students studying the new Maths curriculum would be required to study either Analysis and Approaches or Applications and Interpretation at Higher Level to meet the subject requirement for this programme|
|Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)||H1, H1, H2, H2, H2, H2||Must include Mathematics.|
|Leaving Certificate - Ordinary Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)||Not accepted|
|Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal||D3, D3, D3||Please note that Global Perspectives is not accepted by King’s as one of your Pre-U Principal subjects. Combinations of Pre-U principal subjects and other qualifications (such as A-levels) will be considered. Three Pre-U Principal subjects at D3 D3 D3 including D3 in Mathematics.|
Required subjects: Mathematics Preferred subjects: None
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept the English Language component of a number of International and European qualifications as meeting our English Language requirements. These can include GCSE English, the International Baccalaureate, the Abitur or the French Baccalaureat. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|